Website accessibility statement
RCGP Annual Conference website accessibility statement
The Royal College of General Practitioners is committed to accessibility. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website.
How accessible is this website?
To help us make using the RCGP Annual Conference website a positive experience for everyone, we've been using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and user friendly for everyone. The guidelines have three levels of accessibility (A, AA and AAA). We’ve chosen Level AA as the target for RCGP's websites and other digital platforms.
On a Google Lighthouse audit, this website scores 80%. We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Background and foreground colours do not always have a sufficient contrast ratio, such as the white on green in the header and some buttons.
- Incorrect use of headers, including headers being used in a non-sequential order.
- Links do not have a discernible name, specifically the site logo.
- There is no option to skip to content.
- Elements are not visible on focus, including expandable options in the main menu.
- Not all images have alt text, including some images with text.
We are always looking for ways to improve the website. Please contact us to report an accessibility problem that isn’t listed on this page.
Accessibility at RCGP
To find out more about what the RCGP is doing in terms of digital accessibility, visit the RCGP website accessibility statement.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 3 February 2022.